Two new Pharos printing stations were recently installed in the law school, providing a convenient alternative to all Carolina Law students wishing to print wirelessly from their laptops. One printer is located in the upper level of the rotunda, while the other can be found just off the rumpus room, to the right of the TV viewing area. The new printers require installation and configuration so that they will appear on your laptop.
Please review the documentation listed under Printing (Students Only). Windows laptop users will need to download and install a custom version of the "CCI Printing" software, while Mac users will need to add an additional print queue using the existing CCI Printing installer. All relevant download links and instructions are included in the PDF you will find at the URL above.
from Carolina Law IT
Read More... (Law School Student Printing)
Posted by Steven J. Melamut (Steve) on Tue. December 2, 2008 8:59 AM
North Carolinians, like much of the country, are feeling the stress of the economic fluctuations of recent months. Many of us are concerned about the value of our homes, the security of our savings and any recourse we may have to recover from debt. Here is a North Carolina-focused guide that links you to information about your rights and options. This guide focuses on information readily available on the Internet that will lead you to government agencies, non-profits and other organizations that can provide direct and indirect assistance. It does not attempt to be comprehensive but will point you to major resources that provide more in-depth information and help.
Read More... (Citizens’ Guide North Carolina Banking, Home Loan & Foreclosure)
Posted by Steven J. Melamut (Steve) on Wed. November 26, 2008 4:38 PM
Two million digital books are now available from a HathiTrust, a consortia of university libraries. These materials were scanned as part of the Google Book Search. Unfortunately, only 16 percent, about 327,000 volumes, are available in full-text because the other 84 percent are still in copyright.
This project will ensure that these materials remain available regardless of any future changes at Google. The collection will grow as the libraries' materials continue to be scanned and digitized.
Read More... (Two Million Free E-books)
Posted by Steven J. Melamut (Steve) on Mon. October 13, 2008 8:50 AM