Requesting Funding from Sources Outside of SBA

  • E-mail E-mail
  • Google+
  • Reddit Reddit

If your group is looking to secure funding throughout the year, there are alternatives outside of SBA. Two of these sources are Student Congress and the UNC Graduate and Professional Student Federation.

Requesting Money from Student Congress:

Officially recognized student groups with an officially recognized treasurer can apply for funding through Student Congress. The remaining deadlines for requests for the fall semester are 10/30 and 11/03. More information on how to request funding from Student Congress (Word).

The student congress funding calendar can be found at

Requesting Money from GPSF:

Groups can also request funding from the UNC Graduate and Professional Student Federation. To receive funding through GPSF you must be an officially recognized student organization and must have a SAFO account. Specific information, including a funding calendar and instructions on how to apply, can be found on the GPSF Appropriations website.

Posted by Rachel R. Hall on Thu. October 28, 2010 5:04 PM
Categories: Funding, Student Organizations

Comments for this post are now closed.

UNC School of Law | Van Hecke-Wettach Hall | 160 Ridge Road, CB #3380 | Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3380 | 919.962.5106

If you are seeing this, you are either using a non-graphical browser or Netscape 4.x (4.7, 4.8, etc.) and this page appears very plain. If you are using a 4.x version of Netscape, this site is fully functional but lacks styles and optimizations available in other browsers. For full functionality, please upgrade your browser to the latest version of Internet Explorer or Firefox.